Year-end award ceremonies are labelled as one of those prestigious and important events for actors and actresses as these ceremonies give recognition to the stars and drama productions that soared well in the year.
At the recent 2016 KBS Drama Awards, we saw big drama stars like Soong Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum, Kim So Hyun and more gracing the awards ceremony as well as the red carpet event, and one thing we noticed about the Korean red carpet trends, is the trend of lace dresses for the ladies.
With so many glam looks to choose from, we have narrowed things down to the finest and picked out our favourite looks of the night from 2016 KBS Drama Awards.
Check out our top 7 picks (in no particular order):
1. Song Hye Kyo (Descendants Of The Sun): Looking elegant and gorgeous in her deep décolletage floral cream dress, the actress definitely stood out from the red carpet ceremony. With her radiant and glowing skin, don’t she resembles Snow White here?
2. Jo Bo Ah (Sweet Stranger and Me): All eyes on Jo Bo Ah as she strut down the red carpet in her backless blush dress embroidered with a generous amount of bling. Plus points to showing off her back-line!
3. Kim Ji Won (Descendants Of The Sun): Joining in the white dress trend, the V neck and translucent details fit her perfectly while giving off a mature and sexy look.
4 & 5. Shin Hye Sun & Sung Hoon (Five Enough): Arriving the red carpet with locked arms, this couple do look good in their detailed dress and tux. The subtle pastel green on Shin Hye Sun’s dress makes her look really sweet and Sung Hoon’s black velvet tux embellished in vintage designs gives off a very charming look.
6. Song Joong Ki (Descendants Of The Sun): The turtle neck has been a trend in Korea for a while now and Song Joong Ki is one of those who pulled off this look perfectly as he was decked in a burgundy tux that stood out dashingly from the many others in darker shades.
7. B1A4’s Jinyoung (Love In The Moonlight): The only man in a cummerbund that night was none other than Jinyoung. A powerful V at the chest is visible as it shoots up towards the shoulders emphasising them, suppressing the waist and lengthening the legs. Jinyoung definitely has a flattering figure and looked really good!
More photos from the Red Carpet Ceremony can be viewed on our FB page HERE!
If you haven’t already watch the Awards Show, the full episode of 2016 KBS Drama Awards and other year-end KBS & SBS Award Ceremonies as well as all the winning drama series are available for FREE streaming and downloading on Viu with both English and Chinese subtitles! Don’t miss it!
Also see: [PHOTOS] Top 10 Best Highlights from 2016 KBS Drama Awards + Full Winner List
Article & Photos By: Nicole
Stay Connected to our Channels:
Subscribe to our E-Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cbZkyn